Aisle Do!

This the blog of a professional wedding photographer based in Dublin, Ireland.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Champagne flutes...

As I was looking at various crystal Champagne glasses the other day in BTs, it struck me that the Waterford Crystal isn't all that expensive and it looks a lot more funky now:

Swarovski
Toasting Flutes €323

I also read some American "Traditional Irish Wedding" rubbish: "The top tier of the wedding cake should be an Irish whiskey cake which is saved for the christening of your first baby. A slice of the cake is saved to be eaten on your first anniversary." Most Cakes I see have a Chocolate Biscuit layer on top!

More American "Traditional Irish Wedding" rubbish: "Many Irish brides favour wildflower wreaths over elaborate veils...and also carry wildflower bouquets. Lavender is a favourite." In all my many weddings - I've NEVER seen that!

Eclipse by Waterford
Toasting Flutes €95

My final contribution of American "Traditional Irish Wedding" rubbish: "It's good luck if it rains on your wedding. That's true! (Of course, in Ireland, it would be a rare day when a little rain didn't fall...)" It makes me cringe with all these old Piseogs and charming Irish superstitions - many of them several months old and invented on East 21st Avenue, off 7 th Street, Polk County, Idaho or somewhere equally traditional and obscure.

Eclipse by Tyrone
Toasting Flutes €75

As to rain - the internet has the last word on this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home