Aisle Do!

This the blog of a professional wedding photographer based in Dublin, Ireland.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Simply Scrumptious

I've noticed recently there has been a "Make Over" in the wedding cake area. The sight of three fruit cakes with spindly pillars is not as common as it once was.

These little Fairy cake buns are made by a company based in Waterford- Taras Handmade Quality Foods, (www.tarascookies.com) While they remind me of the cakes I had at a Birthday party when I was nine, no mother of a nine-year old has the time (or nine-year old child; the patience) to ice a bun in the exquisite detail that these buns have on top.

As a raisin hater - believe it or not this girl really has a passionate hatred for them. Oh! I hate the texture and flavour! So to all Brides out there - I'm not alone we are small and seething minority who love cakes and gag when we meet a raisin in a wedding cake - this is not a fabulous and glamourous sight!

While these cakes feature white icing I've seen yellow and red; tying the theme in to the brides dress and the Brides maids dresses. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home